Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Renal Cell Cancer
cjh
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2008 1:33 PM

Sept. 07 I had my right kidney removed with a maglinant tumor. In Mar. 07 I was told I had Renal Cell Cancer. I started treatment with Torisal, but after a few treatments I developed pneumonia that I was told was caused by the Torisal. Later I started treatment or 1500 mg of Zeloda in the morning abd the same in the evening for 2 weeks and then off 1 week. Also a treatment of Gemcitabine by IV, 2 weeks on and 1 week off.  Have you had any sucess treating this type of cancer?

I had my right kidney removed Sept. 07 with a maglignant tumor. In Mar. 08 3 spots showed up. One in my lung. I started treatment with Torisal and had a reaction to it. Caused pnemonia. After getting over that I started taking Xeloda 1500 mg in the morning and 1500mg in the evening. I developed diverticulites. I do not know if it was caused by the Xeloda or a reacurring of previous bouts of the same thing, just not as severe. Have you had any sucess treating Renal Cell cancer?

radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:36 AM

WE do very well in treating renal cell cancer, but whether it makes sense depends on all the details. The lung tumor could certainly be treated. Where are the others?

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Dr. J
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:15 PM

We have treated metastatic kidney tumors in the lung with success.  It makes sense when there are one or two dominant lesions or a small number all together.

Jerome J. Spunberg, M.D., FACR, FACRO
CyberKnife Center of Palm Beach
jspunberg@radiationoncologyinstitute.com
(561) 799-2828

Radiation Oncology Institute
10335 N. Military Trail, Suite C
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
(561) 624-1717

Ellen MacKinnon
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 12:11 PM

Hello,  I am very interested in the Cyberknife metastatic tumor.  I had my left kidney removed 13 years ago and also a metastatic tumor in a lymph node in the left neck and have been in remission until earlier this year.  I am an 89 year old woman but very active and really would love to look forward to a few more years on earth.

ellenfmac

radsrus
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 2:55 PM

Is the lymph node in the neck the only disease? If so, we would expect to be able to control that node.

St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

acaby
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2014 12:27 PM

I had my right kidney removed in 2009 due to renal cell carcinoma. In 2011 It metastisized to the left lung, lower lobe just under the plura, with a small spot on the right lung upper inside the lung. I had cyberknife 5 doses 5 days on the left lung tumor in 2011 and it no longer shows up on the cat scan as of this date. The right tumor grew and it was cyberknifed 4 doses 4 days in aug 2013. I just had a cat scan last week and they say the right tumor is growing again slightly (exact same location). The Dr's are talking surgery now to remove the tumor. I am a 70 year old male with chronic emphazema. My question is can the same tumor be treated again with cyberknife. I would like to know my options as I may have to go somewhere else because they are determined to put me under the knife. Thanks
radsrus
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2014 1:13 PM

It could probably be re-treated, but I would want to be absolutely sure it was really growing.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
Vic
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 8:05 AM

My brother-in-law had a kidney removed 10/2013 and 6 mo later there were a few spots in his lung but way to small to biopsy. He was put on Sutent as an "insurance" treatment but cannot tolerate it at all, in fact he is in the hospital now with severe pancreatitis. My question is, since there is not pathology report from the lung spot is Cyberknife an option? Thank You

Vickie J. Villagomez

Jump to different Forum...