Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
CK on lesions on lung from renal cell carcinoma
EB
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 6:35 PM

I am 56 years old and was diagnosed with stage 4 renal cell carcinoma on 11-22-10. I was on Afinitor until 6-6-11, I then had the left kidney removed. I have multiple lesions on both lungs the largest in the right lung is 1.9 x 1.8cm the largest in the left pleural space measure 5.2 in AP dimension and 1.2 in transverse dimension. The biopsy that was completed in November confirmed that the lesions were from the kidney cancer. I have been told that CK is not an option for the lesions on the lungs. While reading information on the patient forum, it seems like there might be some benefit to CK. Thank you
radsrus
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2011 3:11 AM

Actually, lung tumors (either primary or metastatic) is one of the biggest and fastest growing uses of the CK. WHoever told you otherwise is misinformed. But it may or may not be useful in your case, depending on the number and location of the tumors

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

EB
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 5:45 PM

I just finished a 5 day treatment of CK on a tumor on my brain but when I inquired about using the CK on the spots on my lungs I was told that the tumors on my lungs would not respond to the CK treatment. It was suggested to use Torsil, Sutent but I did not like the side effect of bleeding. Thank you for your information.
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 7:00 PM

THey do respond. WE have treated this situation many times. It depends on the number and size.

St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Jump to different Forum...