Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Portal Vein thrombosis with Local recurrence Pancreatic Cancer
Preethi
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:24 AM

My Father was diagonised with CA Pancreas in the year 2011, he under went Whipple surgery and Tumor was marked as Type 1 (B) where portal vein was marginally removed. No Chemo or radiation was given.

Now a year later he has local recurrence of the tumor and was suggested for Cyber Knife procedure. While he was scheduled for Cyber knife , he got GI Bleed - once because of the ulcer (due to ecosprin tablet) and secondly due to the blush at Hepatico Jejunostomy site. This was controlled by giving Octeriode injection. Bleeding stopped and its been 10days now and he is doing well.

Recent PET and MRI scan done for Cyber knife surgery now shows Thrombosis at Portal vein and Spleen and the Surgeon does not wants to proceed with Cyber knife for him. He wants the Thrombosis to be tackled first and then the tumor. If we opt for Cyber knife now , the Surgeon says it will greated risk.

Could you pls suggest if we should go ahead with cyber knife treatment or just do not do anything.

Thanks

Regards

preethi

Preethi
Preethi
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 9:08 PM

Members, Could anyone please respond to my query. I need to take a decision to whether go for Cyber knife or not by tomorrow. Any response from your end will be appreciable.

Preethi

Jump to different Forum...