Patient Forum

Print 
Stage 4 pancreatic cancer with metastasis to liver
DoDo
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 9:16 AM

My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 Pancreatic cancer with metastasis to the liver one year ago Oct.   He has received Gemzar and 5 FU which helped the pancreatic tumor disappear.  However, he has had several episodes of bleeding related to varices in the abdomen.  One month ago, he began to hemorrhage while having an EGD and had to have an emergency spleenectomy.   His oncologist has decided to stop chemotherapy due to the tumor size in the liver (over one-half of liver.).  I was wondering if he would be a candidate for cyberknife?

Sincerly,

Debra

radsrus
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2013 11:59 AM

I doubt it. That is just too big to allow for successful treatment without causing fatal damage to the remaining liver

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

HannahForever
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 5:19 AM

I fear PC has already done damage to his liver, coupled with bleeding episodes. CK will be a tough decision
ChicoXXX
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 6:51 AM

Hannahforever, I am sorry if you have already answered this question in another post, but can you tell me if you are Medical. Research or Cancer Patient. Your contributions appear to be coming from a medical background of some nature. I am a PC - Cyberknife Survivor with two year follow ups. Thank you for your contributions

Jump to different Forum...