Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
What are the most experienced and qualified Cyberknife clinics in Europe?
Zemas
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 11:03 AM

Dear Doctors and Patients, would you be so kind as to advice "the best place in Europe" for recommended bellow by radiologists from USA stereotactic radiosurgery procedure? We would be very grateful also for other recommendations of the best experienced radiosurgeries of Cyberknife spine applications including USA. Mentioned Recommendations: "Because she has a solitary metastasis that is confined to the bone, our approach at MGH is to include ablative local control to L4. Because gross disease is away from the spinal canal, surgical intervention is not required. We would recommend single-fraction spine radiosurgery in addition to systemic therapy. There are several commercially-available systems to accomplish this, including cyberknife. In general, our typical dose is 18 Gy x 1 to the L4 vertebral body including the bilateral pedicles (but not the posterior elements). Gross disease may be boosted to as high as 22-24 Gy x 1. The cauda equina + 1 mm is defined by a myelogram and is limited to 14 Gy as a point maximum. When a myelogram cannot be obtained, then a conservative approach is to limit the spinal canal + 1 mm to 14 Gy x 1. Spine radiosurgery should be planned with IMRT (intensity modulated radiation therapy) and intrafractional image-guidance such as cone beam CT or cyberknife"" Sincerely, Zemas p.s. We are familiar with treatment prices in general, that is no problem comparing with finding the best available team and clinics for us
Zemas
radsrus
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2015 5:58 PM

Go to Dr. Muacevic in Munich

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
radsrus

radsrus

radsrus

ckfrance
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 11:17 AM

Good evening, could you tell me if your advice is still valid ? i am seeking for the most experienced place in ependymoma intramedular (in Europe, and in the world) thank you very much
radsrus
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2017 3:30 PM

IN Europe, probably Munich. In the world, Stanford

ckfrance
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 12:20 AM

Thank you for your quick answer. i will contact them both and keep you informed Your help is very usefull in the tough times we, patient, are going through. thank you very much.
ckfrance
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 11:59 AM

i am very, very sad. Professor Muacevic answered me (on sunday, he is such a man..). he said my reccurent tumor is too big for cyberknife. i don't know what to think anymore because you said Pr Muacevic is the best in Europe. Other doctors, less skilled and experienced are ok to do cyberknife on me... is it a reckless, a rash choice? I am waiting for Stanford answer. Radrus, would you like to see my MRI ? Could you give me another name...another place ? Thank you very, very much.
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 12:01 PM

I would await the answer from Stanford. If they agree it is too big for CK, then it is too big.

ckfrance
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 12:18 PM

i hope i will get answer from a doctor of Stanford (because there is a mail for Pr Muacevic on his website but on Stanford website you can only contact a secretary). i will keep you informed. thank you very much Radsrus

Jump to different Forum...