Patient Forum

Print 
Colorectal Cancer(2)
Nedim
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:01 PM

I would like to thank you in advance for your help. My sister was diagnosed with colorectal cancer back in May, she has irresectable ( invading both ureters and obturator fosa)and suspicious metastasis to lung which SUV max level. She was on Chemotherapy regimen as accepted disseminated disease since she is so young avoiding misdiagnosing about metastasis. I am open to any professional suggestions. My sister getting treatment in Istanbul and Hospital she is in do not have cyberknife technology. We are thinking to move her to a different hospital where she can get cyberknife as part of her treatment.
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:11 PM

The only thing you mentioned that might be amenable to CK treatment would be the lung lesion, and treating it if there is a lot of other disease probably does not make much sense

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
Nedim
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 12:32 PM

What is the reason CK can not be used on main Tumor?
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 4:28 PM

It is too large, and it involves tubular structures that are at VERY high risk of damage. Furthermore, It is not the treatment to use for regional treatment such as is needed here.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
HannahForever
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:10 PM

For the colorectal cancer patients with large site tumors, CK is not appropriate decision since risk involvement is high. Plus there are many other alternate treatment options.
ChicoXXX
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:42 AM

HannahForever, Does your information come from Research, Medical Background or Cancer Patient Interactions ? I ( survivor) had CK for Prostate Cancer and have no medical or educational background and interested in your source of information. Thanks

Jump to different Forum...