Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Nasopharynx. How many times, a patient can be cyberknife?
ROBERT ROBIANTO
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2017 11:46 PM

I am a nasopharyngeal Cancer survivor. In Janto Feb 2012, I have 33 times radiation therapy and chemotheraphy in Singapore. In May 2016, due to relapse into one different location, I had 3 X 30 minutes cyberknife radio surgery in Japan. In July 2017, due to relapse to 5 different location (3 heads, 2 necks), I had 5 times cyberknife radio therapy for 5 times for 5 diffenrent location, for 20 to 50 minutes each time. My questions: Is there any number on how many times a patient could be cyberknifed? This questions is meant to understand why my cancer keep relapsing? Thanks, Robert Robianto
Robert Robianto
ROBERT ROBIANTO
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:59 PM

How could I get the answer to my questions?

Robert Robianto
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 3:56 AM

There is no limit on number of times, but there are limits at a particular site.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...