Patient Forum

Print 
need urgent advise for a brain stem glioma patient
Gourav
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 8:51 AM

I am Gourav Dey from Bangladesh. I have a little nephew who is 7 years old. In December, 2015 she was taken to the local doctors for her headache. They had done MRI scan of her brain and said that she has brain tumor (Brain Stem Glioma). We have taken her to India and all the doctors said it is an incurable disease. After coming back to our country she was treated with Radiation therapy and from last few months she is going through Chemotherapy. Her condition is getting worst day by day. After seeing a post on a social media regarding the treatment of tumor and cancer I am contacting with you. Sir/mam, she is the youngest and most closest member of our family. Please sir give us a proper direction so that we can rescue her . Sir, we are eagerly waiting for your reply.
radsrus
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 9:32 AM

You can have her seen by the nearest CK facility, but I think it is unlikely that she can be treated safely and effectively with CyberKnife. Brainstem glioma tends to be a diffuse process and it is unlikely that they will be able to define a small safe target.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...