Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Has anyone had a prostate biopsy after CK?
allegro8888
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2017 9:18 AM

Hello, nearly 18 months after CK, I might be headed for another biopsy, which I'm not very comfortable with. Has anyone had one after CK? Any complications? Thanks! Greg
greg d
Ron Pavluvcik
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 4:11 PM

Hi Greg,

Yes, the same thing happened to me, as you can read in my posts under the heading CYBERKNIFE WAS SUCCESSFUL BUT CANCER RETURNED..... and so my doc had me get a biopsy which came back negative...meaning, my rising PSA meant the cancer was gone in the prostate, but was now in the bloodstream, where I have been treating it for past 7 years with different drugs...no issues with the biopsy.....do it, to get answers...good luck, Ron

allegro8888
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 10:00 AM

Thanks for your reply, Ron. I have been reading your posts over the past year, very useful to everyone, thanks! I am likely to have a bone scan and cat scan at the 18 month mark. My PSA has been between 3.3 and 3.9 since treatment, more or less going sideways. May I ask what your PSA was at 18 months after CK? Thanks, Greg
greg d

Jump to different Forum...