Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
5 mets to previously resected liver
Suzanne Colwell
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2017 9:45 AM

Hello--we are looking at cyberknife as a possibility for a recurrence of uterine carcinosarcoma. Have had multiple chemo treatments--but just recently after stopping them had 5 small (1cm) mets pop up. Liver was resected one year ago--60% removed--the right lobe. Have also had 4 small mw ablations to remaining liver. These new mets are located in segment IVa and B, and II. Have reached out to our liver oncologist and local cyberknife facility for their opinions--but won't hear for awhile--so am curious as to whether I would be a candidate. I know that 5 is generally considered too many--but will they remove some, so that Drs. have time to plan and order more systemic therapy? Thank you!
radsrus
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2017 6:49 PM

As always, the details are important. I would get in touch with the nearest CK center. It should not take long for them to evaluate the situation

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...