Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Acoustic Neuroma treatment
Amit
Posted: Sunday, March 04, 2018 1:55 AM

Hi, Last week, I had a meeting with my GP and they took my MRI and I was informed that I have Acoustic Neuroma of 2.3/2.4 cm. Would like to know, How severe it is, and what treatment options I have in my hand. I live in London, and I would be very grateful, if someone could let me know, the Doctors name, whom I can contact and take an opinion. Next week, I have a meeting with Neurosurgeon and Would like to know, should I consider meeting a Radiologist as well. Any information on reputed Gamma Knife and Cyber Knife centre in London, would be really helpful. Feeling worried and depressed. Thank you
Be positive
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, March 04, 2018 3:18 AM

In all likelihood you don't want to have surgery. There is a very high risk of losing function in one side of your face.. Cyberknife or even Gamma Knife is probably better, GO see that radiation oncologists and let them advise you. CK allows for fractionated treatment, and there is some admittedly sketchy evidence that it may result in better hearing preservation. At the very least, it is as good as Gamma knife, and had=s a very high chance of controlling the tumor (about 95%). You can go to the Acoustic Neuroma Association website for more information

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...