Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Cyberknife for subcarinal lymph nodes
barney5116
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2018 8:21 AM

Hi guys, I was diagnosed with nsclc about 8 months ago and have had 6 cycles of chemotherapy. It has shrunk everything by about 50 percent but they wont do any more. I am interested in seeing if I can get cyberknife. I have a tumor about 2 cm on my right lung and 2 positive subcarinal or mediastinal nodes about 2 cm. The place I am being treated did not want to do cyberknife but go to immunotherapy next. My question is do they use cyberknife on mediastinal nodes. I have looked up on the internet and some information there says yes and some no. It looks like in general to me they are more likely overseas to use cyberknife on mediastinal nodes than in the us of a. Any help would be appreciated. I know cyberknife may not cure my cancer but I would at least like a chance. Thanks, barney
radsrus
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2018 12:00 PM

Treatment of a single recurrence in a mediastinal node is reasonable. In cases where there are multiple involved nodes, Treatment is unlikely to be curative since there are likely other nodes that will show up, as well as an enhanced risk of other metastatic disease. Immunotherapy probably represents a better option

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...