Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
CP Angle and CV junction meningioma
kakuji
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 5:50 AM

Hi All, My mother's (age 67 years) MRI report is as: In the left CP angle, there is homogenous, lobulated extraaxial mass broad based on the dura of the left petrous temporal bone. It measures 24 x 18 x 28 mm in maximum axial dimensions. The lesion is causing compresion of the left middle cerebellar peduncle and the left cerebellar hemisphere. The lesion is nearly isointense to brain parenchyma on T1 and T2WI. After the administration of i.v. gadolinium, it shows strong contrast enhancement. Dural tail is present. The lesion is not producing any significant compression of the 7th and 8th cranial nerve complex. Another lesion of similar signal intensity is visualised at the cervicomedullary junction. This extraaxial lesion extends from lower border of clivus upto the mid odontoid. The lesion is in the left anterolateral location and is producing significant compression and kinking of cervicomedullary junction. Dural tail is visualised in this lesion as well. The lesion measures 289 x 17 x 23 mm in size. Symptoms: She is having constant pain in her left ear especially severe pain early in the morning when she wakes up. She generally gets up in the middle of night due to pain and then can not sleep during the rest of the night. She does not have any hearing loss. She has shooting pain and numbness in her right leg throughout the day. She can not walk for more than a minute by herself and needs support after that. Sometimes she loses her balance completely and has had few episodes of falls. For instance, last week she fell down and got the bruise and 4 stitches on her eye. Current medication: Tegretol - 3 - 5 times a day Gabapin NT - 2 times a day I am now extremely worried as her pain is becoming unbearable day by day. I would highly appreciate if you please answer the below questions: Is her Ear pain due to CP angle meningioma? Is there any particular name of this CP angle meningioma? can CP angle meningioma can be treated using Cyberknife? Is surgery the only option for CV junction meningioma?
My mother MRI reports says this: In the left CP angle, there is homogenous, lobulated extraaxial mass broad based on the dura of the left petrous temporal bone. It measures 24 x 18 x 28 mm in maximum axial dimensions. The lesion is causing compression of the left middle cerebellar peduncle and the left cerebellar hemisphere. The lesion is nearly isointense to brain parenchyma on T1 and T2WI. After the administration of i.v. gadolinium, it shows strong contrast enhancement. Dural tail is present

Jump to different Forum...