Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Brain mets from ovarian Carcinoma
Adnan
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 5:55 PM

My mother is 62 years old woman with metastatic Carcinoma of fallopian tube, hypothyroid, borderline diabetes and hypercholesterolemia. She was diagnosed with fallopian tube endometrioid carcinoma in September 2012, for which she had optimum debulking surgery and 6 cycles of Toxol and Carboplatin. In April 2015, she had second debulking surgery for omental recurrence followed by Gemzar and carboplatin for 6 cycles. He had maintained her CA 125 in normal range Tamoxifen. She stayed progression free until September 2018 when she presented with solitary brain mets from Ovarian Ca for which metastasectomy was performed (right soliatory metastatic lesion) and consolidated with radiation (whole brain). Unfortunately, she had progressive of neurologic symptoms which she showed glories vs disease recurrence, second, craniotomy (right parieto-occipital) and excision was performed in May 2018. After 6 weeks of second craniotomy in MRI again found residual disease, since she already had whole brain radiation and it haven't effective at all, so I just want to know can she be treated with cyberknife treatment? If need more information to understand better, then please let me know then I will share the information. Note : I am non-medical person but I extracted above information from different sources, therefore if need more information to understand better, then please let me know then I will try to share the more information.

Jump to different Forum...