Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
TN with atypical facial pain
Luvinlife
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 4:46 PM

Hello docs,  I have had TN along with atypical facial pain for the past 12 years.  I have been managed with multiple narcotic regimens with some success, but  my pain never goes below a level of 5 even with all the meds I am on.  I had cyberknife done 4 weeks ago, but have seen no change in my pain level yet.  I know the docs state to give it 4 months, but wondered what kind of success you have seen with not only regular TN, but decreasing the atypical facial pain as well?  I am also in need of a competent pain clinic who could handle my current pain regimen, and hopefully weaning me off my meds if my pain decreases over the next few months.  My biggest side effect has been severe exhaustion since the procedure, but no decrease in pain as of yet.....though I am extremely hopeful!   Thanks for all you do to keep us educated on this site, and answering our questions. 

Luvinlife
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 5:36 PM

We have not had much luck treating atypical facial pain. If your pain responds to narcotics, then in our experience it is probably not TN. But pain control can come up to three months after treatment.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Jump to different Forum...