Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Anyone had Cyberknife for bone mets ?
Lemongrove
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 4:13 AM

I would love to make contact with others who have had Cyberknife for bone metastases. I had Cyberknife for three bone metastases in the skull (originating from Breast Cancer) in October 2010. I do not appear to have mets anywhere else as of yet, and my medical team here in the UK felt that a mixture of treatments would offer the best chance of longer term survival. I have had surgery to remove the primary BC and lymph nodes, which was followed by systemic treatment (chemotherapy), and conventional rads to the mastectomy site, lymph nodes and neck. This was then followed by localised treatment of the skull mets with Cyberknife Stereotactic Radiotherpay. I am now receiving endocrine therapy and bisphosphonates to try and prevent the cancer coming back/destroying bone. Unfortunately Cyberknife is not widely available here in the UK as of yet (my Cyberknife was done at a private clinic in Harley Street), so there are not many people to compare notes with.
NGP4H

Jump to different Forum...