Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
57 Year Female with History of Breast Cancer
AWorriedSon
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:23 AM

Dear Dr's, a recent biopsy confirmed that my mother has Adenocarcinoma, combined with mri report that states mass centered at head of pancreas measuring 3.5x4.3cm and specifically the mass is inseparable from the antrum of stomach, from the duodenal bulb and proximal part of the 2nd part of duodenum. The report also mentions that there is mild narrowing of the portal vein at the confluence to the superior mesenteric vein with no obvious arterial encasement and small left para-aortic lymph nodes. Mild dilation of bile and pancreatic ducts.

Furthermore, there is mention that there is severe geographic fatty infiltration of the liver, however, no nodules seen in the liver (I don't know what that really means or how significant it is...)

I should add that this diagnosis is all confirmed after a double bypass was performed, because the surgeon could not complete a Whipple.

My question is whether CK is an available option for my mothers case as it is right now, or, only after an attempt of traditional chemotherapy?

Thank you.

P.S. as mentioned in the subject, my mother was also diagnosed before with  (0.5 cm) hormone receptive breast cancer.

Jump to different Forum...