Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Hodgkin lymphoma in lower spine
MarshaP
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:35 PM

I just had MRI done and it showed "extensive vertebral, sacral, epidural and paraspinal tumor". The full report mentions L1, T12, L3- L4-L5, S1 and S2 involvement, some of them significantly compromise the central canal. I am also in a clinical trial (immunotherapy for EBV+ lymphoma patients) that has been controlling other tumors and probably completely eliminated them at this point (I have areas in the lung that is always PET+, but it might be inflammation). Anyway, my oncologist just announced that with these results I have a few months left to live. But I talked to the PI of my trial and she said that if we keep controlling the tumors everywhere else in the body, the tumors in the spine should not kill me. And that I should explore all possibilities of getting rid of my spinal tumor. I would like to know if the CK would be of any help to me. Even small reductions in the tumor will be very valuable. Thank you! Marsha
Dx 2007 cHL - ABVDx6, no remission, ICEx3+AutoSCT, no remission, trials 2009-2010: bendamustine, SGN-35, radioimmunotherapy with Y-90, since September 2010 TGF-Beta resistant LMP-specific T-lymphocytes for EBV+ lymphoma
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:56 PM

I think standard radiation would be more useful at this point

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102