Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Questions about possibility of CyberKnife treatment
Patrick L
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2011 10:51 PM

Hi,

My mom is recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (head of the pancreas), T3B N=0 M=0, doctor in B.C. tried to remove the 4cm tumor however it has "invaded" some blood vassels, only a bypass was done instead (to relief jaundice).
We would like to know if it's best to fly to Ontario for consultation, also, I understand treatments for my mom could involve both chemotherapy and CyberKnife procedures (if this is an option), approximately how long we will have to stay in Ontario?

Thank you.

Patrick

Jump to different Forum...