Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Shingles Symptoms at Cyberknife Location
woo
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 2:05 PM

About four months after getting my lung tumor was Cyberknifed (and what a amazing treatment and blessing), I have all the symptoms of shingles in the area that was Cyberknifed. I never got a shingles rash but all symptoms of shingles. Is it possible that the Cyberknife did something to the skin tissue to give me his pain and burning. It gets very bad at night.
Trisha
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 5:08 PM

I also have shingle type pain after my cyber knife treatment to the left apex of the left lung. But no rash and it is on both sides. Rib cages very sore and breasts get very sore. I've got them stumped. I've had a CT scan . Nothing shows up. But pain is not relieved by Motrin or Tylenol. I know the cyber knife knicked my esophagus and I could not eat solids for 3 weeks. So what else aren't they telling me?
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:20 AM

I don't think they are withholding information from you. I can't think of anything that would cause that kind of pain on both sides. If it wre on one side you would think nerve damage, but hard to see how that would have happened on both sides. I am also stumped.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Jump to different Forum...