Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
T11 tumour using cyberknife ?
ywloh
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:39 AM

MRI shows "T11 vertebral body extending posteriorly to involve the right pedicle and lamina, causing narrowing of the T11/T12 exit foramen. Existing nerve root at this level is compressed. There is also expansion into the spinal canal at the anterolateral aspect indenting the spinal cord but no signal abnormality is seen within the spinal cord. " Blood and urine test shows no cancer markers including bence jones test for multiple myeloma. Schedule for endoscopy and colonscopy very soon. Question : I've been advised to have instrumentation done first to stabilise my bone before proceeding with radiotherapy / chemo and have invasive surgery as last option. Should I have cyberknife done first before instrumentation and what are the risk involved if i do have a relapse. I believe my T11 spine bone is already 75 % affected and am currently taking steroids to prevent further swellings. Thank you.

Jump to different Forum...