Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
If you had cyberknife for Acoustic Neuroma 1.5CM ...
CKforumposter
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2013 2:54 AM

If you had cyberknife for an Acoustic Neuroma about  1.5CM  sized tumor-
and you had a good outcome, could you please let us know 1)where you had the treatment and 2)who your physicians were and 3) when you had treatment? We would be most grateful for any answers you might provide...Thanks so very very much!
Did it restore hearing?
Did you have balance problems?
Did you have tinnitus before or after the Cyberknife?
Did you have hemi facial seizures?
Did you have facial paralysis or drooping?
Did you have eye issues?
Could you return to work promptly?
Could you participate in sports, like riding a bike?

We look forward to your reply. Thanks very much for reading this and for trying to help.

CKforumposter
1.5 cm Acoustic Neuroma
Tinnitus

CKforumposter
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2013 3:19 AM

Actually- perhaps you cannot openly endorse any one physician . Could you reply privately to discuss any level of detail about your successful cyberknife treatment for an acoustic neuroma ? Thanks very much- we are very grateful for your help.

CKforumposter
1.5 cm Acoustic Neuroma
Tinnitus

nb of pa
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2014 7:47 AM

Sorry to respond so late. You may be post treatment by now! I don't check in here very often anymore… I have a tumor about that size and had a great outcome at Georgetown. 5 years have passed and I still have hearing on that side similar to before treatment. My original post was "AN at Georgetown "(I think) You can get the details there. I didn't miss work except for treatment, had no serious side effects. Had tinnitus before and after treatment, but as time goes by, you don't notice it that much. I was blessed to have had such a great outcome. Feel free to contact me if you need any other info. Good luck if you haven't had treatment yet.

nb of pa

Jump to different Forum...