Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Lung Cancer. Please Help
Need Of Help
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2013 11:43 PM

Hi, my grandfather has been diagnosed with lung cancer and has started radiation last week (19th Dec 2013). We've been doing some research and came across Cyberknife. Please tell us if he could be a candidate for this type of cure. How big does the tumor need to be for cyberknife to have no effect? Please help.

Thanks
Hi, my grandfather has been diagnosed with lung cancer and has started radiation last week (19th Dec 2013). We've been doing some research and came across Cyberknife. Please tell us if he could be a candidate for this type of cure. How big does the tumor need to be for cyberknife to have no effect? Please help.

Thanks

Carilyn
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 6:58 AM

my sister is diagnosed with mestatic lung carcinoma NSCL stage 3B. Her doctor told her it's inoperable and I asked about cyberknife. He said no to that too. Now they are going to treat it with taxol and some other drug. She was diagnosed with lung cancer on right lung 1 cm, and it was in the lymph odes on neck. Recently found cancer in left underarm lymph node and again last week another 2cm cell in right lung. Do you think cyberknife will help, or is she beyond that help. She did have chemo for 3 months and got very sick so the doctor stopped it for a couple months and started a different drug intervenously. Then she hadn't had a treatment since March 4ht 2014 and a new cell formed. Help!! I am at a loss. This is my twin sister by the way.
radsrus
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 7:11 AM

CyberKnife is more suited to more localized disease unfortunately

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Dojo Readhead
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2014 5:03 PM

I was diagnosed with NSCL on May 8th. My tumor is 1.8 cm. I just wanted to share that I am grateful Cyberknife was an option for me. I started my treatment today, July 14th; 4 more to go. I definitely will spread the word about Cyberknife; already have educated people that knew nothing about it. Thank you Cyberknife for letting me maintain my quality of life, rather than major surgery.

Dojo Readhead
Durr
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:46 PM

Wanted to share another success story. My husband had a tumor in his lungs 1 1/2 years ago..We were given the option of cyberknife instead of more chemo. He is Stage IV colon cancer, with appendix cancer, moved to colon 2' removed, the to liver, where 55% liver resection, then pelvic, tumors removed, the the lungs..Cyberknife was successful..He was NED (No Evidence of Disease) for 1 1/2 years!!! Saved his life!! We are now getting ready for another time thru cyberknife, he has yet found out thru early detection another tumor in the lungs smaller then a dime and one in the lungs smaller then a pinpoint..Starting cyberknife next week for lungs, then after finished the liver, We are told the liver is a bit more intense..But can you imagine 10 years ago, my sweet husband would not be here..We are soo blessed..And want to share with anyone trying to decide..It has absolutely been a real 'LIFE' savor...Blessings to All fighting..We all continue to fight together..Feel free to contact me if you have any questions..By the way, no side effects (he had 3 treatments) first time..just a bit tired..durr913@charter.net

Ella
Thomas Schmitt
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 9:26 PM

How is everything going now?

Research
LouAnne
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2016 10:37 AM

As of 1/15, I am 100% cancer free!!! (Praise God. and thank CyberKnife technology!!!) I had three treatments in August, 2015. I was in Stage 1, and the tumor was originally 2.5mm. Within six weeks it had decreased to 2.1 mm. I will say, however, that right now I feel much worse than I did before I had radiation. Approximately 15 years ago, I was diagnosed with an interstitial lung disease called bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia (BOOP). It comes and goes depending on various things such as the weather, stress, etc. I was told that the radiation may have caused the BOOP to rear it's ugly head much worse than it had in the past. Unfortunately, this appears to have happened. I am now on oxygen 24/7, and taking a large burst of steroids (60 mg). On a positive note, if the BOOP is basically the same as in the past, it will take approximately three months and I'll be MUCH better!!! Now - how are you?

Jump to different Forum...