Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Can we treat with CyberKnife?
Uma
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:31 AM

Hi All, do we need to do any Biopsy for the Brain Tumor? Or can we apply CiberKnife treatment for any type of tumor? Regards, Uma
Regards, Uma.
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:35 AM

Depends on the circumstances whether you need a biopsy

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

1st class
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 7:08 AM

Diagnosed with microadenoma of pituitary gland, size 4mm. High adrenocorticotroph hormon. Have had CT scan and all blood work necessary for either sergery or cyberknife. Symptoms are not too severe, some swelling on the face, weight gain, thinning of the bones, no loss of vision or any other major symptoms. Trying to see if i would be a perfect patient for cyberknife as the surgery seems to have way to many complications due to the tiny size of the microadenoma. Sincerely appreciate your responce

1st class
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:19 AM

I think we would probably favor starting with surgery. THese tumors can be difficult to control and radiosurgery can take a while to work. Depending on results, you might need radiosurgery later

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
radsrus
Posted: Friday, July 03, 2015 11:49 AM

Sory, I have bee nout of pocket. IU agree with Allen that this is unusual enough that seeing a large center is worthwhile. Probably some combination of chemo and radiation

Donn 1
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:30 AM

I am writing this from the UK. My mother in law was diagnosed 3 months ago with a primary tumour of the Uterus. After resection the cancer has two small aggressive secondaries in the Brain. The Drs say she is not able to withstand the dose of EBRT(LINACS). We wanted to understand if at 80 with slight dementia(not serious) she should be seen for a second opinion as to whether Cyberknife would be her last option. If she has a chance we really want to know and we know that her local NHS centre Mount Vernon has the Cyberknife. She is a wonderful woman with 3 daughters and 6 grand kids,not to mention an amazingly active Husband of 60 years standing. who are devastated .We owe it you them all to explore any chance for a non palliative route. Kind Regards.Paul
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:40 AM

It is highly likely that the two brain tumors would be controlled by CK treatment (about 90%). See the people at Mount Vernon

radsrus
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:40 AM

Austin_Marshall
Posted: Friday, January 01, 2016 11:38 PM

The most widely used technique for obtaining a biopsy is surgery. With the intention of removing the whole tumor, if possible. A biopsy is then taken from the tumor. If the surgeon is unable to remove the entire tumor, a small piece of the tumor is removed. In some cases, it is possible to collect a biopsy without opening the skull with the help of the technique is called stereotaxis, or stereotactic biopsy.

Support Serice
radsrus
Posted: Saturday, January 02, 2016 2:41 AM

To all on these forums: When you see these postings that have a link to Cancer Support etc, you are being trolled. A series of cancer centers in Nevada is trying to obtain patients with posts that appear to be real but are just an excuse to put in a link to their site. My guess is that if they are that hard up for patients, their quality must be poor, although I have no real way of knowing. Certainly, good centers don't engage in this sort of activity.

Jump to different Forum...