Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Cyber knife for recurrent head and neck cancer of tounge and flour f the mouth
Muhammad yahya
Posted: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:53 AM

My father is 62 years. He was diagnosed cancer on tounge and flour of the mouth about 3.5 years ago. He had surgery, chemo therapy and radiation in February 2011. He was cured with the treatment. About 1 year ago the cancer came back again. At the same place He had chemo therapy, the surgeon advised that the surgery is not possible because of tumour location. Is cyber knife appropriate for my father.
Muhammad yahya
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:00 PM

Kindly reply me query it is ver urgent
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2014 1:44 PM

It is difficult today without more information, but it does not sound very hopeful. Everything depends on details. I would get him seen or at least get the scans and records reviewed by the nearest CK center.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Zdbabar
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2016 5:57 AM

Dear Doctor sb The below is my details, I am the patient of shoukat khanam lahore Pakistan. I need your kind advise on cyber knife treatment. Initial diagnosis and treatment history. SCCa rt upper alveolus extended on the plate with bone involvement T4N2B Surgical process partial maxillectomy + lpsil neck dissection level I-IV on 8-11-2012 followed by CRT 60gy/30 fractions with cisplantin 28-01-2013 Developed small area of non healing coarse lesion at the site of maxillary defect. Inc BX 29-042105 recurrent moderately differentiated sqamoua cell of carcinoma Surgical process do wle 14-05-2015, mod diff SCC (pt1) Still has non-healing ulcer on R buccal mucosa Surgical biopsy 31-07-2015 H/P mode diff SCC surgical process 05-08-15 HP specimen #1 unremarkable skeletal muscle and fibroadipose tissue. +±+++++++++++++++ MRI 28-04-2015 face and neck with out contrast. Finding. multiplayer multi sequence MR immages targeted to the fave and neck were acquired with out contrast . There are changes of right partial maxillectomy. There is an irregular approximately 9x19 mm focus of T1 hypointense stir hyperintense signal in the surgical bed that could represent postoperative scarring versus recurrent disease and warenet follow up. There is circumferential advanced right maxillary mucosal thickening with focal low signal adjusent to the posterolateral anteral wall that may re present post operative artefact. There is milder left maxillary. Thickening well with the small anterior wall retention cyst. The right mastoid air cells are fluid-filled. The is no regional or in fact bilateral cervical adenopaty. the right submandibular gland is surgically absent... Conclusion. changes of the right maxillectomy with 9x19 mm focus of surgical bed soft tissue, could represent disease recurence. At maximum follow-up is advised. +++++(++(((( After that I have been advised for chemotherapy (Taxol (80)) for 15 doze on weekly basis that I have been taken new MRI repeated as follows +++++++++++++ MRI face and neck with contrast 14 May 2016 History. Recurrent SCC Rt- alveolus - buccal mucosa Report . MRI face and neck performed with administration of IV contrast and compared with previous imaging from October 2015. Changes if partial maxillectomy. Previously seen diffusely infiltrating enshancing soft tissue in the surgical bed remain essanitaly un changed which stable appearing subcutaneous signal abnormality around resected maxilla. No evidence of suspicious servical lymphadenopathy on either side. Few sections through the brain and spine are unremarkable. Conculision, Stable imaging appearance. +±++++++++++++ Now the doctors has hold my chemotherapy for eight weeks as the wound was much better, while the disease is there but it has been stopped for expanding further. where as I have the sevier pain in mouth. I am taking the following medicines 1. tramadol 2. Patactamole 3. Dicloran ++++++++++++++! Yesterday I visited the hospital with new changes (Right cheek wound from 15 days later developed scab and 2 days back some bleeding accured through it and today noticed that it communicate with oral activity.) I am also enclosing the picture of my face where the tumor is there Now the doctors has re started the chemotherapy medicine taxol 80 gm on fortnightly basis. ±++++++±++++++++++++++++ In the light of above I need the advise can I get the treatment of cyberknife as per the said history and head and neck and oral cavity tumor Thanks for giving your time on such a long email Awaiting for your advise Reagrds Zaheer Ud Din Babar Lahore - Pakistan
Zaheer Babar
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2016 10:02 PM

Possibly, and there are Ck centers in India which could evaluate this for you

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...