Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
CK vs SBRT
NancyM
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:54 AM

My husband was dx with RCC in 2006 w/ met to T7. Had surgery followed by radiation (not sure what does). He now has recurrence to C6 (just had a corpectomy) and L4. The tumor that is left on C6 is intertwined in his carotid arteries , and L4 measures 3.5 CM. We've already started the planning process at a local SBRT lab. The doc proposes 8Gy x 3 fractions. I hate to start all over at this point because of my husbands pain, but is this dose enough or would CK be a better option. Also, if this tx doesn't work, can we redo it with CK?? NancyM
NancyM

Jump to different Forum...