Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Bladder cancer(3)
Lts
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:21 PM

My father had twovtoumors surgically removed from his bladder. The cancer spread to the bladder walls. He has a blood condition where his white blood cell count is very low as well as his platelets. He received one chemo treatment but that brought his platelets and WBC dangerously low. He's getting meds to increase his WBC and an infusion of plalets Would CK be a viable optoion to chemo?
Lts
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:56 PM

No, but standard radiation might be.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
CanMexPrice
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 7:26 PM

I have just been diagnosed with some kind of tumor in my bladder. waiting for the biopsies results to see what I am faced with. is CK an option for me, even if it is or is not cancerous.
radsrus
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 2:25 AM

Probably not, but you need to see what the biopsy shows before making any decisions

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
LK96816
Posted: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:57 AM

My mother-in-law, 83, has been diagnosed with Stage 2 urothelial carcinoma which presents itself as a tumor that invades into the muscularis propria. I am researching options besides chemo, radiotherapy, and surgery to remove the bladder. I am hoping that Cyberknife might be a possibility. Is it?

Jump to different Forum...