Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
multiple lesions on the brain - is cyberknife for me?
ddao
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2014 10:38 AM

My MRI result on the brain is below. Will I be able to treat it with CyberKnife? Please let me know as I already scheduled for radiation soon. Thanks FINDINGS: Numerous cystic and solid enhancing lesions are seen, consistent with metastases. Aproximately 10 lesions are identified. the largest in the left occipital lobe measuring 5.3 x 3.7cm. Posterior fossa lessions are also seen. No associated bleed or significant local mass effect is evident. Ventricular size is normal. Flow voids in the major intracranial vessels indicate their patency. The orbits, globes and soft tissues are unremarkable. Mild paranasal sinus mucosal thickening is seen. No bone metastases are evident. IMPRESSION: Extensive intracranial metastatic disease. No bleed or clinically significant mass effect.
DD
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 2:33 AM

We usualy treat more than 4 tumors with whole brain therapy. If anything does not go away with that treatment, you could be eligible for CK treatment.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...