Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Adhesions After Treatment
Kristylee
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 1:43 PM

In January 2015 I had three days of Cyberknife treatment to my liver based on a PET scan. I had had ovarian cancer twice before and they were obviously concerned that it had recurred again. Now ten months later I'm experiencing pain and a tight feeling in the general area of my liver and in my right side ribs. At times ithe area literally feels heavy and bruised but there's no inflammation and no way I could have injured myself. I've had a diagnostic mammogram, a breast ultrasound and a CAT scan with no evidence of cancer which leads me to possibility of adhesions from the radiation. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Jump to different Forum...