Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Cyberknife facial numbess 15 months after procedure
Tomascito
Posted: Thursday, January 07, 2016 9:36 AM

I had a Cyberknife procedure done about 16 months ago. The first year after the procedure, everything was fine. No shocks, no numbness. But then, a few months ago, my lower and upper right lip went numb. Then the numbness spread to my right eyelid. I went back to my doctor who did the procedure, and all he could say is "Numbness is better then Trigeminal shocks." Then he said "I have no good news for you, but no bad news." (Whatever that means). He gave me an MRI, and later said he did not detect any deterioration of the trigeminal nerve. Has anyone out there experienced this numbness? If so, how long did it last? Thanks in advance for your valued input. Tom McGeehan, Somerset, KY.
DChief
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2017 6:42 PM

I have had numbness of the left side of my face ever since the second procedure. 24 months (aprx) It is getting better. The numbness is now more or less in a line from my left eyebrow down to the left side of my mouth. Bad news - TGN hits are back with a vengeance! Nailgun hits a dozen times a day, and night. But I can't complain I have had nearly 4 years of relief with the 2 CK proceedures combined. Now looking for a good surgeon in the state.

Don 67 years old TGN since April 2012

Jump to different Forum...