Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
6.1 cm Liver Tumor (Primary) HCC
Tom & Susan
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2016 5:07 AM

My husband was diagnosed with HCC. No cirrhosis and no hepatitis. He had a TACE treatment about 7 weeks ago. The tumor was 6.8 cm's and is now 6.1 cm's. He is a candidate for re-sectioning but does not want to take that chance so we are looking for other avenues. We recently found South Florida Radiology and are speaking with them about the option of CyberKnife. The Interventional Radiologist that we have is going to look at the latest MRI to see if he would suggest a second TACE. We want to explore all options for my husband and it is very involved (and emotional). We wish we could find all of the answers in one place but haven't been able to accomplish that. Do you think CyberKnife might help?
Prayers and Faith really do work. Tom & Susan
radsrus
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2016 9:41 AM

t might work, but that is a pretty big tumor to treat with a CK. Surgery probably a better option if possible

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
Tom & Susan
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2016 8:15 AM

Thanks, Doctor. We met with them this morning and we have opted to go this route. My husband and I are very skeptical about invasive surgery. We realize it is his "best option", but we are going to take our chances and go with CyberKnife. We really, really liked the doctor and feel comfortable taking this route. Please wish us luck! Thank you and have a Blessed Day!
Prayers and Faith really do work. Tom & Susan

Jump to different Forum...