Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Small-cell carcinoma with mets to liver
Yasin
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 1:37 PM

Hi,
My father got a Small-cell carcinoma and one of his liver have Metastatis and his liver is enlarged and attenuation masses of different size ( 63 & 48 & 23 & 22.7 & 21.1 & 22.2 & 39.4 mm) are observed in liver parenchyma.

Oncology doctors said that if we start chemotheraphy, he will likely survive 12 months.

I want to know that Cyberknife can help my father in any way?
radsrus
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 2:24 PM

Probably not, at least not in a curative fashion. Chemotherapy is his best bet for now

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
Yasin
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2016 3:00 PM

Even after chemotherapy, It is impossible to be treated with CyberKnife?
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2016 4:37 AM

Treatment with CK is almost never impossible - it just does not always make sense. There are too many liver lesions. And what they see on scans is probably not all that is there.

Yasin
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2016 10:34 AM

Thank you for answering my questions. đŸŒº If with chemotherapy liver lesions become smaller or lesser, is there any hope that with CK these lesions disappear totally?
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, September 04, 2016 4:15 PM

There is a close to 90% chance of any single tumor in the liver being cured with CK treatment. But I don't think it is likely that many physicians would try to treat that many

radsrus
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 5:39 AM

I think it is unlikely it will b helpful, but see what happens after the chemotherapy then get a CK center to take a look

Yasin
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 9:45 PM

Unfortunately, there is no CK center in our country. Only our neighborhood country this device is available. Unfortunately, due to my father condition, I can't travel to these countries. Is there any Online Center or website for CK that by showing all medical records, including pathology and scans before and after chemotherapy, tell us about successfulness of CK treatment for my father?
radsrus
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 6:39 PM

I can already tell you that there is very little chance it will be helpful, and essential no chance it will provide a cure. This website is the only place I know where you can get treatment advice. Be glad to take another look at results after several cycles of chemotherapy

Jump to different Forum...