Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
fractionated vs non fractionated for eye metastasis
MoonBoot
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 8:43 AM

I want to treat an eye metastasis that is in the muscle with Cyberknife;
What are the pros and cons of doing it in one session vs several (like 4-5)?

radsrus
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 8:50 AM

It all depends on what the dose to the optic nerve will be

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
MoonBoot
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 10:27 AM

Thank you for your answer. I understand your answer but now I am puzzled. I asked 2 centers if they could do it knowing that one was much more experienced than the other but less convenient for me. One Cyberknife center said they would do it in one session (the more experienced one) and the other in 5 with the same MRI in hands.
Could a difference in machines explain that? They both use the M6 but the most experienced center has the "multileaf" feature.

radsrus
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 11:35 AM

Most likely just a difference in opinion/judgment. There is not a single right answer

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...