Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Conus Hemangioblastoma
ads0691
Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 9:13 AM

I am 56 and I have a conus hemangioblastoma approx 4x1cm in dimension (which was first diagnosed in 2002). I have had one round of cyberknife therapy in 2011 dose to the spinal chord was 67cGy min, 987cGy mean and 1850cGy max. I had two rounds of surgery prior to the cyberknife and had already lost significant function below the waist. I had two syrinx in the cervical region which are now deflated, but the tumour is now growing again. What additional cyberknife doses might be acceptable, the surgeon does not think further surgery is possible. I am willing to accept further lose of lower function in order to prevent the re-emergence of the syrinx higher up. Any information would be very well received
ads0691

Jump to different Forum...