Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
SpaceOAR gel
gb5151
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:07 PM

I am looking to have cyberknife performed at the Gibbs Cancer Center in Greer, SC. does anyone have any feedback on this facility. also they insert a gel called spaceOAR to act as a buffer between the rectum and prostate to protect the rectum. any feedback on that would be welcome as well.
gb5151
KMAN
Posted: Saturday, February 24, 2018 8:01 AM

I have made the decision with SpaceOar as well. Look at SpaceOar.com/ur. Recent information.
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2018 5:34 PM

To paraphrase Lebron James: deciding to get Space Oar is not a decision, just like brushing your teeth is not a decision. It is literally a no-brainer

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
SteveK364
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:31 AM

I will be having the SpaceOar procedure soon and I'm curious how things went with both of you?

SteveK364

TomT1cG7
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 5:33 AM

I had CK at Gibbs in April/May. Like a dental X-ray. I got spaceOAR gel before, and the biggest hassle for me was the ribbing I took from the nurses as they strapped me into the stirrups! Everyone, incl yours truly, got a good laugh out of it all! The procedure itself, incl mild anasthesia was not an issue at all.
SteveK364
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 4:26 PM

Funny thing ... I've read conflicting reports on the degree of pain with SpaceOar placement. Some say it's not bad, others say it's quite painful. One gentleman even said it was so bad he had tears running down his face. Also, if I understood Dr. Medbery, correctly, he recommends being asleep during the procedure. I assume that these discrepancies are the result of the person administering the gel. Needless to say, I hope I have a skilled person at the helm.

SteveK364

Jump to different Forum...