Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Intestinal Damage ?
sizzle
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:00 AM

Immediately after Cyberknife in June 2017, I was producing enormous quantities of totally ODORLESS intestinal Gas.It was as though I was swallowing many litres of air; which I wasn't. The Doctor expected these short term symptoms to die down, but although they are 60% of the spectacular postoperative symptoms, they are still uncomfortable, (and of course embarrassing), especially at night. Is this (permanent) damage to the intestines, and have others experienced it ?
DXM
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:21 PM

I'm sorry, but I just can't help it - here's a story: A little old lady (LOL) goes into a doctors office: LOL: Doctor, I have a problem - I pass gas every few minutes. In fact I've passed gas several times since I've been in here and IT MAKES NO SOUND AND HAS NO ODOR. DOC: Take these pills for two weeks and then come back and see me. Two weeks later: LOL: DOCTOR!!! THOSE PILLS YOU GAVE ME MAKE MY GAS SMELL TERRIBLE! DOC: OK. We've fixed your nose. Now lets work on your ears.

DAMorris
JAV
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:45 PM

Another big plus for CK !! No more smelly flatulence !! ( What note are you tuned to ?) BTW, my wife says I pass gas and snore at night, but I think she is joshing me. But seriously, I have had no urinary or bowel issues, neither good nor bad.

Treated with CK 4-2011.  Gleason of 3+4 , PSA 3.7 , two cores positive, 5% & 12%
 PSA on 7-13 0.3  PSA on 11-13 0.3 PSA on 5-14   0.3  
PSA on 7-14   0.2 PSA on 11-14  0.2 PSA on 3-15 0.2
PSA on 7-15, 0.2 PSA on 7-17 0.1 PSA on 1-18 0.13

Jump to different Forum...