Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Liver Tumor
gp
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 2:13 PM

I had a stage 3 tumor in my colon removed three years ago and then chemo.A recent MRI shows a two centimeter tumor below my lung in an area that a biopsy can't be taken. I met with Doctors at the St. Lukes cancer center in Houston and they said this would a relative quick and effective treatment using CyberKnife and we all agreed to have it done,However,when he talked to my Oncologist,who has always been difficult to communicate with,the Onclogist insisted I meet with a Surgeon he works with and thinks I should have surgery and chemo-He doesn't beleive CyberKnife is suitable for this Tumor.I feel pressured althogh I'm sold on the CyberKnife.I would appreciate any advice you could offer Thanks-Gus.
gus pullen
radsrus
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 3:40 PM

I don't have enough information to be definitive, but CK is likely the better choice. To be sure, I would need to see the scans.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

CJP
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:27 AM

My husband is a 66 y/o with cirrhosis and HCC who is presently being treated at Dhmc in Lebanon NH. He has had TACE x4 (1X left lobe and 3X right lobe). He is not a candidate for Y90 due to 2.2 bilirubin. His MRI yesterday shows "an extensive area of infiltrative arterial enhancement is seen at location of prior embolization which extends from the dome of the liver, inferiorly to the inferior right lobe ... this has significantly increased in extent since the previous study." (11/10/15) "An area of cystic nonenhancement is seen within this region which is isointense to the surrounding liver parenchyma on the T2-weighted images. suspicious for focal thrombus. LIRAD classification: 5 At least 4 small new arterial enhancement foci are seen in the liver. At least 2 of these exhibit washout on the 1 and 3 minute post constast delayed images. LIRAD class: 4 and 5 ... suspicious for and compatible with hepatocellular carcinoma." The current plan is to start 200 mg Sorafenib 2x daily. Is there any chance that CK would be an option for him?

cjp
radsrus
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:34 AM

I don't think it would make any significant difference with that much disease

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
Nav
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2018 7:31 AM

Hi, My brother having GIST (Gastro Intestinal Stromal Tumor) got liver metastasis. Doctor has suggested Cyberknife as treatment. But I heard that there is possibility sometimes that tumor does not respond to cyberknife or liver disease may occur after cyberknife. I want to know 1. What are the chances that the tumor does not respond to cyberknife and grows further? 2. What are the chances liver disease may occur after cyberknife? Thanks and Regards, Deepa

NavK

Jump to different Forum...