Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Transitional cell carcinoma
sanjiv
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 8:24 AM

Sir,
I would like to know the possibility of cyberknife in my mothers case and expected success rate.She was operated for pyonephrosis and hematuria and left nephroureterectomy was done
But histopathology report of the resected specimen showed presence of  tumour in renal pelvis. High grade transitional cell carcinoma with lymphovascular invasion.
PET/CT(SEP 2009)-Presence of residual tumour in remaining left ureter lower part, (which was not excised), left renal bed, & left adrenal gland.Multiple metastasis in Liver, rt ischium & various lymph nodes
Chemotherapy started on 12/09/09.

radsrus
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2009 10:19 AM

I don't think Ckwould be very useful. It could potentially some of the sites of disease, but would not be curative, and they could just as easily betreated other ways.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

sanjiv
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:03 PM

Thanks for your  reply. In this case, after PET Scan MRI was done last week which did not show any metstasis.  but there is still a recurrent tumor on the renal bed encasing the aorta (size 9cm by 9cm by 4.5 cm). Now what will be the better option : surgery or cyberknife or conventional radiotherapy?

radsrus
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:24 PM

Either surgery or IMRT. That is a very large mass to treat with CK.

St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

106230ups
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:21 PM

I had my Rt Kidney removed1/21/04 and was clear till 6/3/11 when the CT scan reveiled a small mass in a lymph node just outside the orginal site of removal, but apparently near the aorta which made it to close for surgery.I have been on Torsiel for 6 months w/ no change. THe reason for choice was due to the side effects being mild enough to allow me to continue working.(I am a delivery person forUPS) My doctor and I have discuss the cyber knife, have not talked to people at CK. BUt is this a viable choice for me.

Jump to different Forum...