Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
cyberknife with avastin
big
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:42 AM

Hi, can you tell me more about this new approach? 

Treatment with avastin and cyberknife for acoustic neuroma (NF2 in my case...)

Thanks!

radsrus
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:57 PM

There is very minimal, but promising data, and I think it is worth considering in NF2. I personally would not do it except on an investigational study

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

big
Posted: Monday, September 05, 2016 5:46 PM

Hi again, my wife have a fail operation the doctor remove 50% of a tumor, no hearing on this side, nf2 case. My question: the doctor want remove completely the tumor and remove the audition nerves (second operationnecessary....) . It is better the remove not completely the tumor and finish the treatment by cyberknife for preserve the nerve facial.. Thanks!
radsrus
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 7:28 PM

It all depends on how much is left. If it is less than 3 cm in size, I would recommend CK alone at this point

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org
big
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:01 PM

Hi it s me again... Now my wife no hearing on both sides (nf2) she have received surgery 2x but doseńt work ... My question the size of the tumor is 5 cm ( the remove 50% of the tumor, but the doctor say to me the tumor size on the brain is the same..) in 6 months she received radiotherapy on fractions... It´s possible to do with cyberknife with the size of her tumor...? Thanks!!!
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:43 PM

Not sure there is any need to consider further treatment unless there is clear evidence that the tumor is growing. Decisions at that point would depend on the specifics.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D. Southwest Radiation Oncology buddy@swrads.org

Jump to different Forum...