Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Pancreatic tumor with scar tissue
cajunseabee133
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:16 PM

Hi, My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in late March 2010, based on bloodwork and an ultrasound they gave him 6 months to live... When his biopsy came back it said NOT CANCER, the PET scan said it WAS cancer... he went in for the Whipple surgery in June 2010 to have the tumor removed... after cutting him open, the doctor came to the conclusion that it really WAS cance and did more biopsies and sewed him back up without removing the tumor... one biopsy came back NOT CANCER and the other came back saying it WAS CANCER.. the reason the other biopsies came back as it not being cancer is because he has so much scar tissue around this tumor... the doc also said it was inoperable because it had attached to the main artery to the liver.. here we are in septerber 2010 and the tumor has grown a little but STILL HAS NOT SPREAD!!! every doctor he has talked to said chemo wouldnt help him because of the scar tissue.. do you think this cyberknife will help? how do i know if he qualifies for it?? please help
Dr. J
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:14 AM

I think that CK may well be an excellent option, perhaps followed by chemotherapy. CK would deal with residual local disease that remains there since it was inoperable, and chemotherapy with more distant disease perhaps not seen at surgery or on scans. I would have the films reviewed by a CK facility near you for their opinion.

Jerome J. Spunberg, M.D., FACR, FACRO
CyberKnife Center of Palm Beach
jspunberg@radiationoncologyinstitute.com
(561) 799-2828

Radiation Oncology Institute
10335 N. Military Trail, Suite C
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
(561) 624-1717

radsrus
Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:00 AM

I agree. I am unaware of any evidence that scar tissue prevents the chemotherapy from working.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

lorig5670
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 9:40 PM

I have pancreatic cancer and looking for stats and take care of my Mother who has dementia. I am 51 and. O would really appreciate any feedback Thank you.
Lori

Jump to different Forum...