Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Fatigue
Ice
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 9:24 PM

My wife had CK on a large liver lesion (met from colon cancer) in late October 2010.  She did not feel any side effects initially, but is now experiencing significantly more fatigue than usual.  (she does feel some fatigue associated with her chemo treatments).

Our radiation oncologist did say we could expect fatigue to be a possible side effect.  My question is... how long should we expect significant fatigue associated with CK to persist?   Weeks?  Months?

Ice
radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 3:21 AM

Usually weeks, although there are lots of factors that make predictions difficult. The chemo certainly can make it a worse problem. What is known is that exercise helps.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

jkeelerz
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2011 8:15 PM

how do I find alternative medicine help ... aka nutritional healing, etc

--
Safety Programs: Safe Patient Handling | Hospital Patient Safety
Nurse Resources: Nurse Injury Prevention
| Medical Back Injury Prevention
Legislation/Stats: nursingworld.org |
radsrus
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2011 4:59 AM

If you want to involve yourself in that stuff, knowing that it is almost all bogus, then the best thing is to simply start googling it. The American Cancer Society has put out a book on Complementary and Alternative Medicine that I think is still available. You might contact them or look on Amazon

St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Jump to different Forum...