Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Spine mets from ACC (T8,T9,T10)
calimom
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2011 10:17 PM

Hello, I'm not sure how I found this for. 

radsrus
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 10:01 AM

It is too complex an issue to give you definitive answers, but generally speaking, the fact that the tumor is close to the spinal cord does not mean you could not be treated with CK. In fact, that is one of the prime reason for using the CK.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

T. N. Narasimhan
Posted: Saturday, April 09, 2011 10:17 PM

My name is Narasimhan.  I suffer from Diffuse Large B-Cell lymphoma.  Initialliy a tumor grew round my tail bone, despite chemo therapy,  It was killed by radiation therapy.  But, another tumor grew within weeks between L1 and L4.  The pain became unbearable, and I underwent neurosurgery to remove the tumor and decompress spinal cord.  I have lost some control of my left leg below the knee.  I am now undergoing simultaneous Chemo, physical therapy and radiation.  Just completed a full course of IMRT.  The radiation Oncologist just informed me of Cyber Knife.  The impression I get is that my tumor is small and sits within the epidural space adjoining the spinal cord.  My aspiration is that CK will the tumor in situ and prevent it from spreading fro once and for all.

Is this reasonable?

Narasimhan

T. N. Narasimhan
Professor Emeritus
Materials Science and Engineering
University of California    Berkeley  ca  94720-1760

radsrus
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:24 AM

To calimom: it does not do much good for multiple people to review the scans. You might get somewhat different answers, but basically the opinion of the center that will be treating you is the one that counts

(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

radsrus
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:26 AM

Lymphomas are usually locally controlled with standard radiation. CK can be used if standard radiation does not work, but is no more likely to keep the disease from showing up elsewhere.

(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

YENYENF
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 12:43 AM

YENYENF
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 12:48 AM

HI, DOCTOR, 
I HAVE LUNG CANCER AND IT SPREADS TO MY SPIRE T6 AND T7.   I'M GOING TO HAVE CYBERKNIFE RADIATION ON T6-7 .I HAVE A HARD TIME TO UNDERSTAND THE DOSAGE. I WAS TOLD THAT THERE ARE 3 DOSAGES:

1) 30 G--------------------DO10 TIMES  (EACH TIME 3G) -------------9 % RECURRENT

2) 8 G-------------------DO ONE TIME ONLY-----------------------------20 % RECURRENT

3) 16 G---------------DO ONE TIME ONLY---------------------------DON'T KNOW.THE PERCENTAGE RECURRENT, BUT IT IS STRONGEST
                                                                                     AND 5% PATIENTS MAY GET SIDE EFFECT ( HALF BODY PARALYZE)

PLEASE ADVICE ME WHICH ONE IS BETTER ? THANKS

SINCERELY,

YENYEN

radsrus
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 3:53 AM

It is impossible to answer without seeing the scans, but the percentages for side effects sound too high for me. WIth careful planning, spinal cord damage can be avoided

(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Jump to different Forum...