Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
tumor within epidural space
T. N. Narasimhan
Posted: Saturday, April 09, 2011 10:33 PM

April 10, 2011

This is Narasimhan

I suffer from diffuse large B-Cell lymphoma. In November 2010 a tumor grew around my tail bone, which was removed by radiation.  But, within weeks another tumor grew between L1 and L4, and became very painful.  I also lost some control of my left leg.  About 95% of the tumor was surgically removed on Feb 1, 2011.  Subsequent MRI showed some new growth.  I am now undergoing Chemo (ICE) and rehab.  Just completed a course of IMRT yesterday.  At the completion, the Radiation Oncologist mentioned about Cyber Knife.  My view is this.  If because of CK;s precision, the tumor is killed in place iin the epidural space, it will be wonderful.  I do not want the tumor to spread further.

Is this a reasonable expectation?

Narasimhan

T. N. Narasimhan
Professor Emeritus
Materials Science and Engineering
University of California    Berkeley  ca  94720-1760

Jump to different Forum...