Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
after the Ck treatment
max pugi
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2011 10:38 AM

my mum (60y.o.) has been diagnosticated a IV stage Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma (non resactable). She has been treated with Cyberknife 1 months ago (3 sessions). Than she had for 30 days "normal" radiotherapy combined with chemiotherapy (just gemcitabin). Is it the correct way to treat such cancer?  After the CK treatment, what is the best thing to do? Is the Ck treatment possible to repeat, to obtain more advantages? When can we check whether the treatment has shrunk the tumur? Thanks

Massimo Pugi

Firenze-Italy

p.s. sorry for my English. I hope it is clear.

Massimo Pugi

Firenze-Italy

radsrus
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:22 AM

There is no "correct" way, but what she has had is very reasonable. THere is a more successful but also much more difficult chemotherapy regimen known as FOLFIRINOX. I don't know whether she is a candidate for it. They can do scans to check on the tumor size. CK would not be repeated in that area.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Jump to different Forum...