Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
64 Year Old Female, Positive Margins After Surgery
greghull
Posted: Sunday, August 07, 2011 7:50 PM

My mother was recently diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas. Five days ago, we had a distal pancreatectomy to have the tumor resected, however two or three very small bits of the tumor remain. They are located near an important blood vessel (I cannot remember which one) and the doctor did not want to risk removing them, for fear he might hit the blood vessel. He saw no other spreading of the cancer as he was doing the surgery. We are scheduled to start a targeted radiation treatment in about four weeks. Should we consider CK? Why might it be better or worse than regular radiation treatment? Thank you and I appreciate any help you can give my mother.
radsrus
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2011 3:12 AM

My guess is that it will be difficult to see these on scans, and therefore not possible to treat with CK. With standard radiation, you can just treat the entire region.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

lorig5670
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 9:30 PM

I would like to hear from anyone who has chosen the Cyberknife I am looking but can't find stats or patients. Please help. I'm 51 with pancreatic cancer who is caring for a. Mother with dementia. Thank you

Lori

Jump to different Forum...