Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Commercial Bias
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:06 AM

This past week, in a move that I could not have anticipated, Accuray decided to restrict free access to valuable scientific information from a European scientific meeting that presented information that would allow users of Cyberknife facilities worldwide to better treat their patients. This blatant attempt to stifle scientific progress and to impede best possible care of patients is something I cannot tolerate. I am no longer going to be answering questions on these boards. I have always tried to be objective about the advantages and disadvantages of various approaches and machines, and wish to continue the discussions with all of you. If you wish to resume the dialog that has been established here, in a forum that is completely devoid of commercial bias and not supported by any particular manufacturer, then go to therss.org and click on the tab Patient Resources. There you will find a better forum with no interference by a manufacturer that is willing to do anything for commercial gain.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Alexandra82
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:06 AM

We at Accuray would like to thank Dr. Medbery for his years of help to patients on the CyberKnife patient forum. We are saddened that he no longer plans to contribute to this forum, but we wish him all the best. Accuray will continue to provide information for patients and their physicians to enable the most appropriate treatment decisions for each patient. We value our patient and physician communities and are dedicated to collaborating with them to increase awareness, education and clinical usage of the CyberKnife System.

-CyberKnife Forum Moderator
Alexandra82
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:07 AM

As we made clear, we at Accuray are unequivocally committed to providing information to patients and physicians. To clear up any confusion about the papers presented at the recent meeting of CyberKnife clinicians in Istanbul, we wanted to share a link to all the public presentations from the meeting.
http://www.box.net/shared/16739an2o0zt8yo4ajfe   

-CyberKnife Forum Moderator

Jump to different Forum...