Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
12 year old son with cystic spinal cord tumour at the T5/6 level, complicated by extensive spinal cord syringomyelia
Johannes
Posted: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 10:58 PM

Good day. My son has a cystic spinal cord tumour at the T5/6 level, complicated by extensive spinal cord syringomyelia. I have upload the MRI scans if somebody wants to view them and the report http://www.onskinders.co.za/wp/gewas/ Basically we are told there is no alternative but to cut and remove the cyst and that the syringomyelia cannot be attended to as it is to extensive and only the cyst needs looking at. We have had basically 3 doctors look at him all 3 the same diagnosis and treatment suggestion. We are obviously worried about the side affects of surgery and thus have contacted alternative doctors. There treatment has helped in the sense that his pain has gone away and it seems the swelling,but he still cant urinate but there are signs of possible hope regarding this. We are considering another MRI one of these days to see if there are any progress. But currently he is in good health it seems. My questions is. Can CyberKnife help for his case at all or not ? In case the alternative methods does not work out ? Thanks in Advance Johannes Pretorius
radsrus
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:37 AM

Contact Stanford directly. They probably have the most experience in dealing with CK for spinal cord tumors

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

Jump to different Forum...