Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
MY MOTHER 64 YEARS OLD, JUST DIAGNOSED WITH A PANCREATIC TUMOR.
Alex111
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:56 PM

Hello, my mother was just diagnosed with an inoperable tumor on the pancreas. Tumor is too attahced the connecting blood vessels. Upon reading up on CK, I feel that its her best option. Can anyone please let me know what results and/or experiences you've had with CK? Much appreciated.
ALex
basilt
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:07 AM

Just had cyberknife surgery; had chemo first which shrunk the tumor, but slowly; lots of side effects from chemo I received. I won't know how successful the cyberknife is for me until a few months from now. Am hoping it shrunk or destroyed the tumor; will know in a few months with future scans since it continues to work after the treatments. Some side effects, but keep in mind there is medication for everything. If your mother is a candidate, definitely go for cyberknife. She will need chemo too, but they won't have to give it as aggressively and therefore, side effects should be minimal. if you need physician's names, let me know.

Jump to different Forum...