Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Loss hearing in 2 hours after the cyberknife 1st treatment.
Jinjin
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:22 PM

I am 55 women; I noticed has an Acoustic Neuroma at my left side 1.4cm couple month ago. And I had my Cbyerknife treatment (3times) last week 8/8/12, 8/9/12 and 8/10/12. But about 2 hours after first treatment 8/8/12 I was very tired and my both ears had pressure and noise, left side much strong than right side. The pressure and noise strong and strong take few minutes then I noticed my left ear hearing completed loss, and right ear not clean than before. I called my radiation oncologist, he said because swelling, he prescription DEXAMETHASONE for me, I start to take the pill twice a day, and finished the treatments in 8/9/12 and 8/10/12. I guess the medication helps me, my right ear back to normal, and my left ear still NO hearing but the pressure getting better. After 4 days that completed Cbyerknife treatments. I feel: Tired, left ear pressured, stuffed, little noised and NO hearing. But if I lie down, the pressure was less strong. Also I feel little unbalanced. I am so worry now, there is anyone had similar experience may share with me? Is my hearing will come back after the swelling gone? Is it normal that I had those feeling in the begging treatment? The medication I was take will affect the treatment? Will reduce the radiation power to the tumor? How soon I will know the Cbyerknife works for my tumor? I appreciate if anyone can email me back give me some information, suggestion, or ideas. Thank you so much for your help.
Jinjin
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:05 PM

I am a 56 year-old female and I had my cyberknife treatment 5 months ago for my 1.4 cm acoustic neroma and had a MRI scan 3 months later and there was no change to my tumor. Recently, however, I get more dizzy when I stand up or walk. Sitting down is a bit better but once I'm on my feet, I get more dizzy and sometimes stumble when I walk. I want to know if this is normal and why this happens. If anyone has experience with this, how long does this last? Also, I still cannot hear in my left ear. Does anyone know why or have experience? And I don't take any medication. I will greatly appreciate any response. Thank you.
radsrus
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:46 PM

It is not too uncommon to have this happen. Sometimes a short of trial of steroids is helpful. Call your doctor about that. It is unusual to recover hearing after treatment. WE can often keep it from getting worse, but I can think of only a couple of cases where it got better.

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

sunmi
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2016 11:59 PM

Hello everyone,

My name is sunmi.i`m glad to meet you in here.These days,i often play CSGO game with my younger brother and my friends.For CSGO GAME,i think it is a best game for me.I like it a lot.

Maybe,Someone does not know CSGO,then i can tell you what is CSGO.CSGO is an online first-person shooter developed by Hidden Path Entertainment and Valve Corporation. It is the fourth game in the main Counter-Strike franchise.

Because of i like it,so i often buy many things about CSGO products such as skins,keys,pistols.If you like it as same as me.I suggest you that to click at www.csgo4sale.com for these things.It let me feel very well to buy these things.

Hoping my informations can help you to play more well and get more fun in game.

Jump to different Forum...