Patient Forum

The CyberKnife Patient Forum is designed to provide a place for people who have been diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends, to exchange useful information and provide support to one another. The Forum may also help people find answers to questions they have about the CyberKnife treatment experience. Accuray strives to facilitate these exchanges and encourage discussions. Recently we have experienced some aggressive or inappropriate spam postings. We are diligently working to resolve this issue and thank you in advance for your patience.

Birgit Fleurent, Chief Marketing Officer, Accuray Incorporated

Print 
Do I Need Traditional Chemo?
woo
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 9:17 PM

Eighteen months ago I had a 3x5x3 cm in my lower left lobe Cyberknifed. Have had great reports since.
Today I found out that I have a lymph node that is 1.3 x 0.9 cm with a SUV of 4.0  in the left hilum.
Recommendation that I have that small area treated with 5 or 6 weeks of daily radiation.
My question is: should I now receive chemo thearpy?  Or just go with the localized treatment?  And has my overall chances of survival been greatly reduced by this development?
I think the Cyberknife is great and have no regrets that I chose it over surgery.

radsrus
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 8:23 AM

In this situation, we would probably recommend chemo plus local radiation at the involved lymph nodes and others nearby

Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
St. Anthony Hospital Cyberknife Center
(405) 272-7311
buddy@swrads.org

Mail to:
Clinton A. Medbery, III, M.D.
Southwest Radiation Oncology
1011 N. Dewey Ave. #101
Oklahoma City, OK 73102

woo
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:09 PM

I have been reading alot about false positives with PET / CT and it will be two weeks from my initial diagnosis of the 1.3 lymph node with a suv of 4.0 to getting my first radiation treatment. My question is, should I get another PET scan prior to getting radiated to see if it could possibly be a false positive lymph node?

woo
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:18 PM

Radiation Oncologist suggests Chemo along with radiation to treat Hilar Lymph node and surrounding area.  Went to Medical Oncologist, he said he did NOT think I need Chemo. That I have at the most by his estimation a 30% of it coming back and to only get chemo if it returns after the radiation.
What to you think?  What should I do now?

Jump to different Forum...